Anthony Archives

Anthony Archives

Monday, March 22, 2010

Delivery Date!

I promised I would post about Daniel's birth, so here goes:
My biggest fear was that I would not know I was in labor, so on Thursday night (March 11) I prayed really hard to know when I would be in labor. I had been having some really weird pains a few days leading up to this, so was very nervous. That night, I woke up and found a giant wet spot in the middle of the bed. My first thought was that Sam had peed in our bed. I soon realized that my water had broke. I woke up Chris and we were out the door in under 10 minutes. I was having no contractions and was very excited. My water broke at 12:38 am and we arrived at the hospital at 1 am.
I was taken to my room and was hooked up to Pitocin. The contractions were not bad. Soon, they found that my contractions were coming too closely together, so they took me off the Pitocin. About 4 hours later, they put me back on Pitocin because my contractions were irregular. I then started to get really uncomfortable and asked for an epidural. Oh, blessed epidural! The next few hours were fine and I was able to rest a little. About 1 pm, I started experiencing horrible back pain and pressure. It turns out that my epidural needed a battery change and I did not recieve a dose for about an hour. Once it kicked in again, I felt much better. I only had to push for almost two hours, which was my favorite part. At 4:16 pm (15 hours later) Daniel made his appearance. He was absolutely perfect! Childbirth is a true miracle!
Another miracle happened that same week. Chris was scheduled for two interviews on Friday, but called to reschedule them. He did both of them on that Monday. On Tuesday, he was taking my mom shopping and recieved a phone call. He got a job! He works for Miche Bag as an IT. Timing couldn't have come at a better time. Heavenly Father really does have our best interests at heart.
Daniel is a good baby. He only cries when he gets a diaper change. He was jaundice in the hospital, so they put him under lights while there and checked out lights to us to use at home. He refused to sleep under them. All last week, he had to get his blood drawn from his heel. What a little trooper. By the end of the week, he would sleep through the blood draw. His bilirubin level is still a little high, but we are meeting with the pediatrician tomorrow. He did eventually sleep under the bililights, but would get red welts on his back and would not sleep well. Here are some pictures. They are put on her from most recent to hospital.
















No comments: