Anthony Archives

Anthony Archives

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Katina's Venting Post

I would like to get a few feelings off my chest about education and how rude students can be. My school, since I am on year-round, does not get out until next Friday. This means that I have almost 60 sixth graders that don't want to be at school because it is summertime and all their friends are having fun. Testing ended last week, so the students know there is really nothing left to accomplish. When did our society start letting children be so disrespectful. In the last week alone, I have had a student stick her tongue out at me, been called rude names, had eyes rolled at me, been called a grumpy hag, and totally ignored when I have given them instructions. I remember when I was in school, this sort of behavior would have gotten my suspended and my parents would have beat me till I couldn't sit down. It seems that now kids are getting a slap on the wrist no matter what they do. It scares me to think how worse it can still get. Our world is in serious need of some morals and respect.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry Katina! You're making me nervous for when I start teaching school!! Remember the good ol' days when you got a spank if you were bad in school....lol