Anthony Archives

Anthony Archives

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Some Thoughts

It has been a week since I last posted anything. I thought I would share some of my thoughts on the many things that have happened this last week.

1. Last week two teachers at my school were attacked and hurt by a third grader. Our school seems to be getting more dangerous every year. I have one sixth grader who is quite scary. If the only way to get rid of a bad student is to get beat up by them, I will let them. I can then get all my medical bills paid for and not have to work.

2. The election came and went. Many people have heated feelings about the outcome of many issues on the ballot from around the country. The thing I have noticed is that people have been very irrational in their thinking. Come on people, do you really think a loving Heavenly Father would allow the promised land to be taken over and bombed? I may not agree with everything the President-elect believes, but I don't feel that he is as evil as everybody says he is. When I found out he got elected, a feeling of comfort came over me. I felt assured that he would be a good president and that I should have more faith in the government. I love the gift of the Holy Ghost!

3. Along the same line, I have watched in disgust as groups of people have protested around many sacred edifices in the United States. I watched as they gathered around the LA temple, then the Salt Lake temple. As I am watching the news right now, they are gathering around the Manhattan temple and again around the LA temple. Also the most disgusting part is how many churches in this area have been vandalized and they are even burning Books of Mormon (thank you to the movie The Best Two Years on knowing the correct way to say that). I am sorry, but this is just wrong. How is vandalism and holy writ burning any way to handle the difference in beliefs. It just doesn't sound Christian to me. Let us pray for those individuals who continue to commit this religious discrimination.

4. I take my Praxis on Saturday morning at 7:30. I took a practice test online last week and scored a 179 on it. The passing score for Utah is 168. I am still a little nervous, so please pray for me.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm glad that you posted Katina! I really appreciated all of your comments and I just have to say that I totally agree with you on the political issues. I felt at peace with our new president and just feel that we need to pray for him because he has a lot of work ahead of him. I was also sad to see the protests outside of the temples...I know exactly what you're talking about and while I understand why they are protesting I feel that the way they are trying to get their point across is a contradiction. It's about equality and respect for all and yet they are disrespecting a sacred place. I am sad by that as well! Good luck with the praxis, I know that you'll do well. Love ya!