Anthony Archives

Anthony Archives

Saturday, March 14, 2009

I hate Friday the 13th!!!

Katina is not normally a superstitious person until a few years ago. It seems like every Friday the 13th something creepy happens. Friday was probably the worst. I had a luncheon I was in charge of Friday and left for work earlier than normal so I could stop at the store and pick something up. I put both of my very heavy carriers in the back seat and then turned on my car. It was a frosty morning so I grabbed my scraper and went to work clearing off my windshield. I normally leave my door open when I do this. A guy wanted to park there so I shut my door and started on the back window. When I went to get in my car, the door was locked! I checked every door. All locked!!! That is the worst feeling in the world. I thought of breaking my window, but thought I would probably severe an artery. I couldn't call Chris because my phone was in my purse in the car. I went over to the clubhouse office and talked to George, our maintenance many. I was able to call the school and let them know of my dilemna. I then looked on the office computer for locksmith phone numbers. The first one that came up was a 24/7 place. I called it and they said it would be less than 30 minutes. George and I waited and waited and waited. Finally about 45 minutes later, they came. The guy hardly spoke any English. When he told me how much it would cost ($124), I said, "You are kidding m3 right. You were over 20 minutes late." He said to sign it or I would not get my keys out. I was too frustrated to argue with him. It only took him ten minutes to get my keys. I got to work at 9:15, an hour and 15 minutes late. I thought about that amount all day. When I got home, I called my insurance company and they are going to reimburse me $100. Great! Everybody I talked to said I should file a complaint with the BBB.
Another related key story from Thursday: We had an author assembly Thursday afternoon. The front office secretary handed keys to Bonnie, the 5th grade teacher I work with, and said they were handed into the office. One of the students told me that she saw the janitor taking them off the roof. I went and discussed the problem with our discipline lady, who said she could do nothing since we don't know who took the keys. Three students came forward and said they saw a kid throw them on the roof. What happened is that when the class was going to lunch, one of the kids said he forgot something in his desk. She told him to hurry and meet the class by the front doors. He then went into her coat pocket, took the keys, kept them in his pocket, and then threw them on the roof of the school. Bonnie is pressing charges against him and he is suspended indefinately. What a moron!

No comments: