Anthony Archives

Anthony Archives

Friday, August 7, 2009

Custer County Fair

Last weekend, Chris and I went to my nephew's fair. This year he had two animals, his market steer and his bred heifer (Ironically, she is due about the same time I am). First off was his heifer. She was not the best behaved, but he still one his class because he was the only junior to have a breeding project. His steer did okay, but not as good as last year. Because he won the showmanship class, he got to participate in Round Robin. This is where all the showmanship winners in the horse, dairy, pig, and sheep compete and show each type of animal. Because Chris and I were at the Idaho Falls temple, we were not able to see him perform in this. He tied for second place in this and was pretty upset because the kid who beat him did not clean his animal well.
His heifer. She was not well-behaved, but being pregnant myself, I knew how she felt.


his steer (middle one that is black and white)
selling his steer at the auction. His bishop who owns a restuarant bought his steer for $1.50 a pound or roughly $1500. Not bad for a 9-year old.

No comments: